FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the new Nissan Note Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

If you're new here please introduce yourself in our Newbies Forum, we also have a new orders forum for anyone looking at ordering the New Note.

Car resto shows.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Boysie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 8:39pm
My Father in Law, was a Garage Manager in Greenford, in the 1970's.  I can't remember the exact details, but some old boy brought an Aston Martin to look at.  Miss firing engine, so he said.

My f.i.l had a look at all the usual suspects, but after a 2 day investigation, it turned out it had a wooden piston.ShockedLOLLOL
Acenta 1.5 dCi. 2010
Sponsored Links

mnl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 5:32pm
Just watched Flipping Bangers MR2.  They seem to be back on track, changed a rubber boot and covered it in fablon to make £1000 Big smile
I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better!
Boysie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 5:56pm
Yeah.......sold it for a reasonable profit.  But how do they survive, when they earn £300+,each, and pay the bills at the workshop, and be able to afford a beer.LOLLOL
Your forgot the seal on the distributer.........a few pennies yes, but time doing that, and cleaning the induction system, comes at a price.

Last week was peanuts for profit.  I feel sorry for their kiddies, running around in bare feet, and going hungry.  Not to mention the wifes purple rinses, and nail polish.WinkLOL

I will say, the program is growing on me.......so I get it now. Wink
Acenta 1.5 dCi. 2010
ferg84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ferg84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 7:19pm
Fairly sure they didn't give up the day job as their main income is probs from TV work.

They did a good job on the MR2.  Helped that the car was pretty good to start with, just needed a proper service.
Nissan Note Tekna 1.5 dci 2014
Morris Minor Traveller 1098cc 1968
Volkswagen Beetle 1969 1200 budget cal look
Volkswagen Beetle 1971 1200 major project
Triumph Spitfire 1500 - 1979 - current toy
silverhairs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhairs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 12:11pm
What channel is this "Flipping Bangers" on, I've looked for it, but cannot find, maybe they don't show it on the Yorkshire area TV?
If a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing well
silverhairs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhairs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 12:19pm
I'll have to go round to my local village garage, in the village church magazine they call it a vintage garage, he has so many old cars in there for servicing and full restoration, and I'll try and take a few photos when he gets another proper car in.
At the moment he's got an old Lagonda he's working on the engine and interior he said there are only 12 of these motors in the world, when I asked him the price, he said he couldn't put a price on it.
If a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing well
mnl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 1:18pm
It is on Blaze (freeview channel 63   [freeview channel 80 is blaze +1, but only at night]) doubtless Virgin & Sky have it on a different number too.

Friday 9 PM     repeat Sunday 9 AM

You can watch them on t'interweb at http://www.blaze.tv/catchup

I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better!
Boysie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by silverhairs silverhairs wrote:

What channel is this "Flipping Bangers" on, I've looked for it, but cannot find, maybe they don't show it on the Yorkshire area TV?

It's on flippin Sky Channel. 565, oh grey one.Wink
Acenta 1.5 dCi. 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic