FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the new Nissan Note Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

If you're new here please introduce yourself in our Newbies Forum, we also have a new orders forum for anyone looking at ordering the New Note.

Boot Space

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
mnl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by faxe faxe wrote:

This is the mounting bracket i wrote about in previous post:

That looks really good until you see the price Cry

I like the wheel it in backwards plan, no doubt there is an expensive solution to securing the back half of the bike too.
Sponsored Links

greenplane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenplane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 7:01pm
Hi there
As i have mentioned in previous topics, I have managed to get in  four teenagers their bags and equipment for a weekend in london at the Excel centre , for anime shows, plus I have had bikes and people tandems and people in, plus the best by far was two archery targets and wooden legged stands plus at all the archery equipment and a person too. plus the supplier told me it wouldnt fit in, as it wouldnt go in his Discovery!!, Or maybe the 6'x3' bunk bed , half taken down but still 6'x3' in the car and a person too.
For me its even better than the Nissan Primera p11/144 that i had before.
Boysie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 12:48pm
Am I right in thinking, that the floor pan of a Clio is the same as a Note.     Not having owned or seen inside a Clio, I wouldn't know.
If so, the load area should be similar.

I'm over the moon with my Note's load space, but there are no kids or bikes to worry about.

But does a flip over bench saw count.......coz that fits with ease.Smile
Nigel B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 1:22pm
The Note, Clio and Modus all share the same floorpan.

I parked up my Note next to our church organist's Clio and there is, visibly, far more room in the back. The Note's sliding rear seat is also very useful if, like my wife, you need the world's biggest suitcase for a couple of nights away LOL
Velcro - what a rip-off!
Boysie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boysie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Nigel B Nigel B wrote:

I parked up my Note next to our church organist's Clio and there is, visibly, far more room in the back. The Note's sliding rear seat is also very useful if, like my wife, you need the world's biggest suitcase for a couple of nights away LOL

Oh, my wifes luggage is no problem for me..........I had a tow bar fitted for a small trailer.Thumbs Up

But she does object to being strapped down on the trailer, but what else can I do.WinkLOL
rebus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 3:47pm
I can tell you the movable boot boards will NOT collapse as they used to do in my Kia Venga..... and the Venga diesel also blew up before 9000 miles.....thanks to the DPF....you need to do plenty of miles now with diesels with DPF fitted.....never had problems with diesels for years before....but now!!!!   I'm back to petrol and a 'Note'.....very happy!!!!
poppynote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poppynote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by rebus rebus wrote:

I can tell you the movable boot boards will NOT collapse as they used to do in my Kia Venga..... and the Venga diesel also blew up before 9000 miles.....thanks to the DPF....you need to do plenty of miles now with diesels with DPF fitted.....never had problems with diesels for years before....but now!!!!   I'm back to petrol and a 'Note'.....very happy!!!!

I've had a Peugeot 307 diesel for the past 31/2 years, and every time i take it for its mot (although it always passes) the mechanic tells me off for owning it, because i just don't do enough 'big' journeys to warrant a diesel :-s   

Chz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Nigel B Nigel B wrote:

Not quite. The basic platform has three sizes - the smallest is the Micra, the mid-size is the Clio and Modus, and the stretched platform is the Note/Juke. So whatever fits in a Clio should most definitely fit in a Note. The Note should have a bit more room with the seats down and depending on how you position the seats either the same or tremendously more boot space with them up. Personally I run with the seats about 2/3ds of the way forwards and it leaves tons of leg room in back with quite a lot of boot space. I have run with them all the way forward and our 5'10" teen had no issues with the back seat.
Nigel B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 6:02pm
Sorry to be a pedant.

The OLD Micra had a short version of the X85 platform the new Micra has its own 'V' platform which will be the basis for the New Note and replacement Clio. As you quite right sy Nissan didn't have a European model on the 'mid-size' version of the shared platform.
Velcro - what a rip-off!
flash22 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 6:20pm
clio, modus are based on the b platform the note is based on the extended nissan B0 platform the wheel base is around 100mm longer iirc

hopefully the new note will be better handling than the current note as it rolls a tad to much for my likeing

edit, parts of europe and ireland got the versa (b platform) what was the mid size car your talking about and a bit further east had the tiida/lavina/grand lavina

Edited by flash22 - 10 Sep 2012 at 6:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic