FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the new Nissan Note Forum! It's free to join - just click Register to join.

If you're new here please introduce yourself in our Newbies Forum, we also have a new orders forum for anyone looking at ordering the New Note.

Boot Space

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
mcblyth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcblyth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boot Space
    Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 1:36pm
Hi - I'm not a Note owner - yet!

I am currently driving a Renault Clio Sport Tourer 1.5 diesel and am due to trade in at the end of my deal some time before November.  Renault  haven't been able to offer me a decent deal yet and so I'm looking around at some other options.

I took a Note, N-Tec out for a test drive at the weekend.  I really liked the gadgets etc, and it felt nice to drive.  My only concern is the boot space.  My current has a great boot, and with one seat down, I can squeeze my daughters bike in the back.

I can't see me being able to do that with the Note though.....what do you think?  How much can you cram into the boot?

Or, has anyone ever used a bike rack - is that worth considering?

Thanks Smile
Sponsored Links

mdvineng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdvineng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 1:57pm
Hi, the rear seats do fold down but not completely flat also the whole rear seat assembly moves forwards on a rack system as well as the floorboards being removeable. I have had two bicycles in the back with front wheels out but a rear mounted rack will work fine.

regards

dave s
08 ACENTA R+ 1.6 AUTO. Ooopss! we'll just try that one more time an see if it works?
flash22 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 3:14pm
the back seats slide forward what gives you the extra room the back seats folds down no problem

had allsorts in the back of mine from a 300l fish tank, adult trike to 8 ft lenghts of timber

with the flexy boards in the boot and the back seats down theres a fairly level load aera and you dont need to hump stuff in and out other the boot lip/edge
SneakyElephant View Drop Down
Forum Clown

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SneakyElephant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 4:28pm
I can get five elephants in my Note...2 in the front, 2 in the back and 1 in the TRUNK

Edited by SneakyElephant - 20 Aug 2012 at 4:29pm
Nigel B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2012 at 4:48pm
Just back from Wales. My wife packs for Himalayan expeditions with two huge suitcases and holdalls etc.

The Note swallowed them with ease with the seat 'one notch forward' and the luggage cover still in place.
Velcro - what a rip-off!
ians1386 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ians1386 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 1:55pm
I get 2 mountain bikes in mine with the seats down and don't have to take the wheels off the bikes either
2009 1.4 Acenta
faxe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 2:30pm
@ians1386

I am a biker too, both mountain bike & road bike, i have not tried putting the bikes into the Note
yet, how do you put your bikes in, laying down, or standing up.?

I have seen a mounting bracket where you take off the front wheel, and clamp the fork using the
quick spanner. 
John
2008 1.4 Active.
faxe View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 2:41pm
This is the mounting bracket i wrote about in previous post:

John
2008 1.4 Active.
ians1386 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ians1386 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 4:20pm
Laid down with the front wheel resting up against the back of the front seat
2009 1.4 Acenta
ians1386 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ians1386 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 4:23pm
Can't be doing with messing about taking the wheels off
2009 1.4 Acenta
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic